Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jarred Salsa

Thanks everyone who commented on my post about hot sauce. Now, if I can only pull my hand away from the Cholula, I know a few others to try instead :)

In that vein, I want to share my favorite jarred salsa of the moment. It was a fluke that my husband brought this salsa home from the grocery store, but thank goodness he did.
We used it in our Albondigas recipe (recipe coming soon) and it was perfect. I also like to use it in our Pita Chicken recipe (also, coming soon). It's Hot, which until recently (as I said before) I have not appreciated hot spices, but I think it's the perfect amount of heat. You can find it in the Mexican section of your grocery store.

Another standard salsa we used to get all the time is Zapata Medium Fire Roasted Salsa Roja. As far as fresh salsa goes, I have a pretty sweet salsa recipe, but really my favorite is Chevy's salsa that you with chips at your table. Yum! I have a copy-cat recipe I've been dying to try. Hopefully I'll get around to it this summer.

So, what's your favorite jarred salsa?

No comments: