Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A thought for today

I came across a powerful quote reading the Nie Nie Dialogues and it really rang true to me and I wanted to share it with you.

"There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire,
which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity;
but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity."
-Washington Irving

Sometimes life is easy and wonderful and carefree. In those times I savor that peace and joy greedily. When adversity comes, I want to be the "true woman" Irving speaks of who's "heavenly fire . . . beams and blazes". I think I'm finally at a point in my life where I can feel less sorry for myself at those dark times and feel more empowered to face my adversity head on and plow my way through until that peace and joy to return.

No comments: