Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Milenesa with Seasoned Rice



This is one of my favorite dinners. I always get really excited when it's on the menu. The salty breadcrumbs and thin steak are a wonderful combination. Add a side of my mother-in-law's seasoned rice and it's to die for.

4 pieces steak cut very thinly, sometimes labeled for "milenesa"
1/2 cup (+ more as needed) seasoned breadcrumbs
2 eggs
salt to taste
canola oil

Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Add salt as desired. Dredge steak slice in egg mixture then in seasoned bread crumbs. pan fry in oil for a few minutes on each side until browned. Rest on paper towels to drain excess oil.

This makes enough for my hubby and I to have 1 1/2 slices each, with one for leftovers the next day.

Check this post out for the seasoned rice recipe.

No comments: