Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Craft Fair 2009


First, the good news. My office craft fair was yesterday and I sold two onesies and one pillow! I was a bit sad to see the ice cream cone go because it's so dang cute, but then again, what am I going to do with a 3-6 month onesie?? I got an order to do the fishy on a 12 month onesie and will be filling that order this week.



The two pillows (same size, different photos) turned out fabulously and I didn't want to bring them for fear of selling them :) Well, I got an order to do another one, so I didn't have to lose them. But, I felt like they were too expensive. The pillow, fabric, notions, and time really can't beat what you can find at Target for cheaper. So, I don't plan on continuing to sell those. For now I'll stick with what I know and experiment here and there with other crafts and ideas (coffee sleeve, running sleeve, etc.).


Now, the bad news. I almost finished the baby quilt, but messed it up. The first round of machine quilting went perfectly, but the second round totally bunched up the top (but not the bottom, weird). It went from bad to worse and I totally lost it at 10:00 pm Sunday night because I was so close and it was looking so cute and then it turned out so horribly bad. I felt like such a failure. My hub was so sweet and talked me through the tears and sobs. I now have enough distance from the catastrophe to decide to learn a lot more about machine quilting, picking out ALL the stitches, and re-doing it. It's now on my back burner. Still, any suggestions on machine quilting at home would be GREATLY appreciated. I'll post a photo of it here later today so you can see exactly what I did wrong.

No comments: