Monday, November 22, 2010

Sweet Pork

This is one of my favorite recipes right now, it's super easy and super yummy. My big sister turned me onto this recipe when she had the hubby and I over for dinner. Here's the shopping list:

Pork roast (5ish pounds, whatever cut they have at the market is good)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 jar green salsa (we like the Herdez brand salsas)

Combine the above in a slow cooker and cook away on low until meat is pull-apart tender (about 5 hours).

Serve up with your favorite accompanyments like seasoned rice, throw them in tacos, or make nachos. The possiblities are endless, but any way you try it, you'll like it!

PS - this recipe is supposedly a Cafe Rio copy cat recipe of their Sweet Pork Barbacoa. Since I've had both I can say they are equally good. I don't know they taste the same, but in my opinion this is the next best thing for those of us not lucky enough to live close to one.

Bon Appetite!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: