Friday, February 18, 2011

Favorite Friday!

I'm introducing a new feature to this blog: Favorite Friday!  I will be featuring something each Friday that is a favorite of mine.  The idea is mostly to share products that make my life easier, and may make your life easier too.

This week my favorite thing is those silly rubber gloves they sell at the grocery store!  My mom used these growing up and I thought they were so ugly and dumb.  I hated how the inside coating made my hands smell funny.  However, they are great for bathroom cleaning, so I bought a pair recently.  One day I was doing the dishes (we don't have a dishwasher, so all our dishes are washed by hand) and thought, hey maybe I could wear those dumb gloves while I do the dishes so my hands don't get so wrinkly and chapped (like they always do).  That was my "a-ha! moment".  My hands still smelled funny, but a quick wash with soap after I was done with the dishes and a little bit of lotion made me forget all about it.  Recently, our apartment complex installed a new water heater with a much higher temperature, so the gloves really save my hands from getting irritated from the hot water.

Now, I'm kinda wanting those even sillier, pretty rubber gloves . . .

No comments: