Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Consistecy is the Key

I've noticed definite benefits in my life when I've exercised my will power to achieve consistency. 

I've seen it help me with my running.  When I stick to my training program, instead of rearranging the order of my workouts I notice I feel stronger.

I've noticed it with my relationships.  When I was really consistent calling my parents every Sunday when I lived out of state I felt a stronger bond with them.

I've noticed it with chores.  When I get into a routine, I think less about how I don't want to do something and I just do it without really thinking.

I've noticed it best with waking up early.  The more often I get up at the same time each morning, the less I think about it, and the easier it becomes.

Consistency is really, really hard.  I find that I have spurts of it, a few months in a row here or there.  But I'm always striving to maintain.

No comments: