Sunday, May 15, 2011

Homemade Salsa

I got this recipe from a woman I used to work for in college.  She was making this salsa for her neighborhood block party and when I tried it I begged for the recipe.  I've been making this salsa and getting complemented on it ever since.  I've tweaked it a bit, but not much.  It's more of a pico de gallo style salsa, rather than a traditional cooked variety.

Combine in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.

1/4 bunch cilantro
juice from one lime (fresh is always best)
1/2 tablespoon chili pepper seeds
1/2 onion (next time I'll try a red onion, I'll bet it's better than yellow)
1 glove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 roma tomatoes (wait until they aren't fresh and in season-it's worth it)
1 can Rotel (or Mexican-style diced tomatoes with chiles)

Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.

No comments: