Monday, March 12, 2012

Carpe Diem 15 & 16

It's a bit of a cheat, but I kinda did the same thing for yesterday and today.  Please don't be upset :)

I've been playing around with iMovie, making a film for my nursery class at church.  I've never worked with the program and have been messing around with it, watching tutorials, and bumbling my way through.

It all started a few weeks ago when a co-leader came up with the idea.  I offered to film it on my iPhone and then volunteered to edit it and put it on DVD for our ward talent show.  I was so excited for the chance to try out the software.

It's a bit of a struggle.  If I'd have known ahead of time I definitely would have filmed differently.  But, all in all it's been a fun process to explore the software and do something a bit more creative.  I can feel those juices flowing.

Take home message: volunteer & create!

2 comments:

Sara Love said...

Have you seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hi8ZrfeRbU

I've thought about doing something like this with our Primary kids.

I'm interested in hearing what you're doing for your nursery film. :)

ErinLub said...

That is so cute!! I didn't do anything nearly so clever. We just did random shots in nursery of the kids playing and stitched them together for a video with music in the back ground. It was silly and cute.