Friday, March 16, 2012

Carpe Diem 19

This is day 19 of my project to seize each day.  You can learn more about what inspired this 30-day project here.  

Yesterday I went to a baby shower for a friend. Normally I avoid baby showers, but I decided to put my issues behind me and went and had a great time. I met some new people and chatted with some I already knew. I even volunteered to draw in the pictionary game :) When I got back home and sat and thought about it, the things I was worried about weren't even an issue.

Lesson learned: get over yourself and enjoy opportunities to celebrate and get to know other people better. Appreciate being part of a community.

1 comment:

Sara Love said...

I love reading about all your instances where you connect with the people around you, with your community. Thanks for sharing!