Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Carpe Diem 28

This is day 28 of my project to seize each day. You can learn more about what inspired this 30-day project here.


I don't think there's one big thing I did, but I did do several small things.  The two most "interesting" are:

1.  Since I was up late Saturday night babysitting, I severely slept in Sunday morning (unintentionally).  When I got up I was a little bummed with myself thinking I wouldn't have time to do my yoga routine.  I've been a bit of a slacker lately in the workout department and my general mood has taken a hit for my laziness.  I'm one of those people who need to work out to get those endorphins pumping so I don't walk around like a sad zombie all the time.  I've been having a heck of a time getting back into a regular routine since I finished my marathon in October.  Since then I've been pretty hit or miss with my work outs.  So, last week I came up with a detailed schedule and Sunday was supposed to be my Day 1.  I digress.  So, there I am doing my daily cat brushing and meditating feeling sorry for myself for sleeping in and missing my yoga and had a little ahaa! moment.  I didn't have any place to be for a few hours so I figured, why not just do my work out now?  So, I did.  I felt so much better afterwards.

2.  I made some last minute bread sticks to go with some Italian Wedding Soup I made.  I'll post the recipes for those soon.  I ran out of regular flour and substituted wheat flour.  They turned out fine, but admittedly were not as yummy as the regular version.


No comments: