Sunday, March 4, 2012

Carpe Diem 8


Tonight, after dinner I was lounging around and surfing Pinterest. I came across a photo of a brownie in a mug that caught me eye for 3 reasons.

1. HubLub and I earlier in the evening had been looking through old pics on our computer and came across one of my chocolate cakes. It looked so good we almost went to the grocery store for ingredients.

2. I was really in the mood for a dessert. Like, really in the mood.

3. I'd heard about, and probably at
one point tried, baking a dessert in a mug. It seemed like such a clever idea. And such a brilliant solution to reason #2.

At that moment all three reasons added up together in my mind to inspire me to seize the moment. I literally immediately got up and headed to the kitchen. I pulled out ingredients and followed the recipe.

In a matter of 5 minutes I had the finished product in front of me. I tried two recipes: gooey chocolate mug cake and a chocolate chip cookie dough cake.

The chocolate one was better than expected and very rich.  It's best eaten with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. The chocolate chip one was a total disappointment (too eggy) and sadly ended up in the trash.

Well, that's life for you, isn't it? You try something completely new and half of the time it's a waste. But, oh, the other half you find something you really like. It makes it all worth it when that happens.

Here's your chance to seize the day and whip up this uber quick dessert right now.

In a microwaveable mug combine an egg, 1-2 Tbs cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Nuke for 1 minute. Serve with ice cream. Rich enough for two people to share one mug.

Note: I used 2 Tbs of cocoa and thought it was too rich.  Next time I'm going to try 1 Tbs.

Recipe via blogs.babble.com

3 comments:

Gram-cracker said...

Looks Yummy. If I hadn't eaten 2 - 1 cup bowls of chocolate pudding tonight I would have tried it. Tomorrow seems like a good time to try it. So much gooey chocolate so fast mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sullivan said...

Pretty amazing what those 3 ingredients create in a microwave, thanks for this. Brooke loved hers!
Debbie

ErinLub said...

It's nice to be able to whip something like this up on the fly